Today was a perfect fall day with Lane. My favorite part was walking the trails of Prairie Lakes. When Lane got out of the car she immediately turned to the water and said "wa wa" as she hobbled to it. She was fixed on the ducks paddling and bathing in the water. I was trying to get her to walk the trails with me, but she was more interested in picking up the gravel from the parking lot and putting it on her stroller seat (she later repeated this with dirt). Finally, after I coaxed her to some hide and seek behind a big rock, she forgot about the gravel and we began to walk amidst the tall trees and prairie grass. Lane then resorted to picking up the leaves on the trail and putting them into the stroller. Her little world is so beautiful, as I watch her I think, she is totally in her own realm. We just walked, mostly me leading and her trailing along at her own speed and leisure. The simplicity of today was what I needed... being in God's creation at this beautiful park, letting my little girl just be free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirit of Laziness

Life is So Noisy

Tidy House