Chocolate chip cookies with pancake flour

Today I woke up to the wind swooshing by my windows. It was 8:30 am and school had been cancelled due to the severe weather. The first thing I did was open the shade to my window next to my bed. The window had that frosty lining around it but was clear enough in the middle that I could see our front street covered in fluffy whiteness. It was beautiful I thought. What also woke me was the sound of my roommates bustling about. Abby, was loudly freaking out about how she fell in the snow as she tried plowing her way to her work (conveniantly located across the street), but once she fell she decided the hassle was not worth it, and tronched the few steps back home. I roll out of bed with a slight chill, put on my pink slippers and walk downstairs. The roommatesare in the dining room looking out at the snowy bliss and howling away at there new excitement that James, our Australian tenant that lives below us, was scooping away the knee high snow on our porch. All of us are ooogling not only about this very generous act, but just the fact that the hottie is on our porch (we all go gaga over his accent). Rachael then begins to express her want to make cookies, well none of us cook, so we don't have sugar and later we will find out we don't actually have flour. We all decide (with a little more pursuasion needed to make Abby come) to walk down to the local Prime Mart, also conveniantly located in a close distance, a block away. At Prime Mart I get the necessary sugar and m&ms (of course we did not have chocolate chips), while Rachael loads up on a large cup of coffee and Abby grabs pop, chips, a coffee of her own and her cigs. We return home rosy cheeked and excited to make cookies (especially for James). I start getting out the ingrediants and realize that the orange container that I thought held the flour was actually tasty powdered sugar. Rachael gives me the look upon tasting the flour look-a-like...and after a bit of thought suggested us trying

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirit of Laziness

Life is So Noisy

Tidy House