Here's To New Seasons!
Here's to new seasons. Today was a beautiful peep into winter. As the snow began to lightly fall I drove out to Denver, Iowa for a design appointment. It was a beautiful drive through the country with the snow melting at my windshield, but sticking to roof tops and cornfields. Here's to new seasons.
This post is a bare one. I refer to bare meaning it's revealing, well at least for me it is. It's about being a wife, a mother, and a working wife/mother. I feel like I can sum up this post with saying, "Man, it's hard stuff juggling your job, your husband, your family, yourself, etc." That's it, that's what's on my mind. The End.
Well there is more to reveal here. More than I want to reveal. The season is changing and it's looking like I may need to become a stay-at-home mom. Those of you who are rolling your eyes and thinking whoopeee I encourage you to read on because you may be in the same spot at some point in your life. In fact we may share something in common. And for those of you who do know me, know that being a stay-at-home mom has never been my cup of tea of choice. My mind has been set that I will not give up my career, my career that I am oh so very passionate about. My career is my outlet, my way to escape into the real world. My career defines me, my career sets me apart from others, my career needs me (so I keep telling myself).
The Lord is changing the seasons in my heart. It has been slow and I am still navigating, but for some reason I feel like I am getting close. About a month ago I attended a Woman's Retreat at Orchard Hill Church in Cedar Falls. At this retreat I felt the Lord tell me, "Katie what if I have more for you. What if I ask you to give up interior design?" I remember it was during one of the speakers talks and everything got tuned out and I just gazed into the distance, dumb founded, speechless. I did not know what to think, I let the thought puddle in my mind through the rest of the conference. I felt like I was in a daze, it was spoken to me so clear, but it did not make sense to me. It still does not make sense, but even after a few weeks the thought does not seem to be so foreign.
That's where I am at right now. I landed you smack dab in the middle of my un-rest. Wives, mothers, single people, grandmothers, etc. I appreciate your support and prayers.
Thanks for reading!

My heart aches for you but the Lord has his own plans for us. I hope you know soon what He wants you to do. Love you, GG
ReplyDelete