Why being a mom has made me a better person.
Being a mom has made me a better person. I think of that usually when times are peachy. Like when I actually can do the laundry and fold it while the kids are in the same room, or when we actually can make it through lunch without someone throwing a tantrum because they don't want to eat. Sometimes it's hard to remember how much I adore these kids when my hair is frazzled and my teeth still are not brushed because it's just been one of those days! Ackkkk!
It's hard to focus on the good things. It's hard to remember how much I adore rocking Lane to sleep after she has gotten out of bed a zillion times because she wants to be near us. All I want to do is sleeeeeep. But, oh how precious it's when she asks me, "sing to me mama." So, one more song of "Wheels on the Bus" soothes her back to bed.
I love my children, I love them with all my heart, like my heart is not even big enough to hold all the love that I have for them. All this love has made me a better person because I feel more. I sympathize more easily, my heart aches when I hear a baby cry, I tear up thinking about these little children, I appreciate my parents, my sisters, my in-laws, my friends, other moms, people I don't know, so much more.
Why being a mom has made me a better person, because I love. I love that I have been able to experience this kind of love. I remember when I was pregnant with Lane, my mom would say, "Just wait Katie, when this little baby comes into your life, you will realize how you can not picture life without them, and you can not fathom how much you love them."
Shoot I am starting to teer up:)
Thanks for reading.



Comments
Post a Comment