Blogger, Writer, Teacher, Designer, Wife, and Friend

Juli Camarin is too fun. We spent a beautiful overcast fall day together laughing and giggling at each others silliness. It was such a treat. Juli is a multifaceted woman whom I admire for her devotion to dissecting the Word, for her lovable personality, and her colorful style. Get to know her better yourself by reading below and find about her blog and the book she just wrote. Enjoy!




You are a multifaceted woman! You are a designer, writer, blogger, teacher, and wife. Tell me how you juggle all these rolls. 

I'm not sure I'd call it juggling, these things are such a part of me that unless I am actively engaged in each one, I struggle and feel boxed in...

Designing, helps me to capture the images in my head and assign form to it. My two favorite mediums are websites and verse art. (and well...also creating the occasional bling!)

Writing, helps me solidify concepts. I find great joy in studying the Bible, but these words and ideas become real to me when I can explain them in written form. 

Blogging.. well, that came as result of the first two loves, designing and writing. So, it was a natural step to turn blogger which has been so fun. I blog verse by verse through scripture. For me, even though I am a published author, I am most proud of being a blogger. I am humbled by how far reaching my blog has been, I hear from people all over the world and so I take the mission God has given me very seriously... but I've also found incredible joy along the way! Visit JCBlog.net

Teaching fills up my cup... I never knew it until someone gave me a microphone and asked me to talk about Jesus for 30 minutes... so much fun!

And as far as being a wife... I am very fortunate. I have an amazing husband and he is everything I'm not... so this is one of the place I find strength for all the other things!

How many books have you written as of yet? 
I have written a total of 5 books. Three are published and two are in the works. I just started my next project this week! My readers voted on the next book of the Bible I will be writing through, and the winner was Ephesians. I've very excited for this! Everything starts out as blog posts and ends up in book form.

Look at all three here!!


Any of them your favorite as of yet?

Wow! That's a hard question, each are very special to me, as they are labors of love. But if I had to pick it would be the short little book entitled, Sower of the Seed. It's a quick read, it's simple but profound in so many ways. This parable, and Jesus' explanation of it, plagued my mind. I found myself thinking about it all the time, and sharing when others would listen. So I finally sat down and wrote out my thoughts about it. I'm glad I did. I've made this book as cheap as I can, it's only 99¢ on Amazon, that was very intentional on my part. This parable, when understood, gives the reason to drink deeply from the Word of God, and at the very core, that is my heart for the Church.

Take a look!


Your newest book is called "Redemption", which is a walk through the book of Hebrews. What do you hope people get out of this book, 

For me, Redemption has been an incredible gift from the Lord. He uses the book of Hebrews to show me a behind the scene look of what Jesus did on the cross. Hebrews is a beautiful picture of Jesus and how the entire Old Testament pointed to Him—He is the pinnacle of history. One of the most beautiful results of the two years spent writing this book, is I now have an in-depth understanding of the New Covenant, which makes me appreciate Jesus in a different way. This is what I hope people get from this book. Our covenant with God is unlike anything that ever existed in the Old which means we can approach God in freedom and confidence. I want this tool to be used as a gateway to help usher people into an understanding of this.

Take a look!
What does a typical day look like for you?
Most days, (except Sunday where I make myself take a day off) means getting up between 5 and 5:30am to study and write. In the early morning quiet is where I find the Lord and clearly hear His voice. I study and write until my "work" alarm goes off and then I get ready and spend the next 8-9 working one of two jobs. In my free time, I like to run, read and work on art projects or just chill with my dogs.

For those that do not know, you have a fabulous shoe/purse fetish. What's your favorite brand of these and may I ask, how many you have of each (approximately)?
You may ask... but you're not getting an answer—Ha! 

To tell you the truth, yes...I've always had a huge purse and shoe collection. And among friends and family, I'm kind of famous for it! But a few years ago, I decided that this is not what I wanted to be remembered for and so piece by piece I started selling off my collection. I've saved a few of my favs... the Louis Vuitton I got in New York, the fabulous Fendi I found in a second hand store in Chicago as well as a collection from my staple designers—Kors, Coach and Brahmin. Even though now, the collection is much smaller... it is still quite fabulous! 

As far as shoes go... my favorites have sparkles, flowers, rhinestones and of course heels! 

Your husband, Hector is very supportive of you, and you of him. How do you de-stress at the end of a long day (or night in his case)?
Honestly, for the past 6 years, we've been on completely opposite shifts, so we don't have regular time each day to be together. However, when we are together, (usually Saturday's and Sunday's) relaxing, eating and laughing are our favorite way to de-stress. We are also running partners... he pushes me, I need that! 





Thank you Juli for opening up and sharing a glimpse into your world and for letting me capture your spunk! I hope people can be motivated and inspired by the joy you bring to life. Much love! 

-Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Spirit of Laziness

Life is So Noisy

Tidy House