Another Opportunity of Silence
I sit here mid Sunday with another opportunity of complete silence. Just me and the comfort of my house. No electronics are being played or electricity being used (besides this computer). It is a moment that I am choosing to revel in and capture. Originally I thought to myself, self let's just relax on the couch and flip the tv to HGTV and relaaaaax. Well I am doing half that, I am relaxing in the same position I envisioned on the couch, but instead of being buzzed to hypnosis by the tv I am choosing to capture a moment of tranquility hoping for a different form of rejuvination to come about.
I have captured this moment before, again a few days ago (Friday) while Luke was staying over with a friend out of town, and another time maybe a few more weeks back where it was the same situation- Luke staying over with a friend out of town. Luke is not out of town now, he is just dropping off his grandma back to his parents house. I decided to take a small snippet of time for silence and reflection.
This morning in church Dave Bartlett spoke about hitting the pause button in our lives. Mainly referring to hitting the pause button when we initially think or want to act upon judging someone. We have the choice to immediately judge OR hit pause and evaluate the true essence of the situation. This was such a good message because this has been something that I have unintentionally realized that I have been working on. We are called to be like Jesus, and Jesus did not come to the world to judge, but to save. So, my initial thoughts/reactions/actions need to be trained to evaluate the situation and the person as a bigger picture. For example, the person with the tattoo I should not judged or define as trashy due to its tattoo, but I should look at their heart and by their character of being a loveable, welcoming being that seeks peace among his/her peers. Another example, I should not judge the couple living together out of wedlock, but look at the individual persons and see that one has an amazing love and passion for helping and caring for the elderly. Looking into the heart of the individual person/s refocuses my thoughts and heart to dwell on the positive traits of the people in this world, and not so much on the negative "sinful looking" traits, which really just seem to come down to things that annoy me about the person. It just gets to be a grumbling mess when I/we judge. So, I am in training, I will have stories that I will share. But for now, this has lulled me to sleep I must confess, so my eyes being to droop and I am forced into a soft sleep.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy the silence.
I have captured this moment before, again a few days ago (Friday) while Luke was staying over with a friend out of town, and another time maybe a few more weeks back where it was the same situation- Luke staying over with a friend out of town. Luke is not out of town now, he is just dropping off his grandma back to his parents house. I decided to take a small snippet of time for silence and reflection.
This morning in church Dave Bartlett spoke about hitting the pause button in our lives. Mainly referring to hitting the pause button when we initially think or want to act upon judging someone. We have the choice to immediately judge OR hit pause and evaluate the true essence of the situation. This was such a good message because this has been something that I have unintentionally realized that I have been working on. We are called to be like Jesus, and Jesus did not come to the world to judge, but to save. So, my initial thoughts/reactions/actions need to be trained to evaluate the situation and the person as a bigger picture. For example, the person with the tattoo I should not judged or define as trashy due to its tattoo, but I should look at their heart and by their character of being a loveable, welcoming being that seeks peace among his/her peers. Another example, I should not judge the couple living together out of wedlock, but look at the individual persons and see that one has an amazing love and passion for helping and caring for the elderly. Looking into the heart of the individual person/s refocuses my thoughts and heart to dwell on the positive traits of the people in this world, and not so much on the negative "sinful looking" traits, which really just seem to come down to things that annoy me about the person. It just gets to be a grumbling mess when I/we judge. So, I am in training, I will have stories that I will share. But for now, this has lulled me to sleep I must confess, so my eyes being to droop and I am forced into a soft sleep.
Thank you for reading. Enjoy the silence.
Comments
Post a Comment