Grilled Cheese and The Publish
I sit here in my kitchen after another semi tiresome workday with a half eaten grilled cheese sandwich, grapes, broccoli, a cold glass of milk, and a 34 week old baby in my womb that is kicking me with joy that I am finally feeding it. I am able to sit here and relax. The sun is still shining in our bright little kitchen and I am enjoying my small smorgasbord of food while also enjoying the peace and the constant little bumps and nudges I get from this baby. I have no music playing, I hear only the gentle hum of the cars going by, which is not very often, and as I look out my window at the mix of bright sun patches on the grass and cast shadows on the pavement, I know the day is ending, but the outdoors is still inviting me. There is a slight bite to the breeze, but the smell of spring is in the air. It is so peaceful to capture this moment.
I am thinking today is the day to publish this blog. There is no reason why today is the day, it has next to nothing in edible eye catching content, but I just think it is about time. So let it be.
A little life update. I am now 33 weeks pregnant, what I surprise it has been, but what a profound blessing. Luke and I are reveling in our third month of marriage, still enjoying each others company, still laughing together, still talking like two year olds, still kissing each other with love, still sleeping on each others side of the bed, still getting annoyed and me, still snappy, still sharing meals (mostly me sharing with his), still, still, still, still married and still in love. I have no idea what to expect once this baby comes. It still feels like I am walking through the motions, looking pregnant, feeling pregnant, acting pregnant, eating like pregnant, etc. but it is not sinking in. I know it won't sink in until I am holding this baby as tears of awe and wonder come to my eyes. I know it won't sink in once the baby is home and we are trying to understand how to get it to stop crying, and even when we do get it to stop crying I won't be able to believe that this little person was inside of me!! But blessed am I to have this opportunity to be chosen to bare this being, blessed am I, thankful am I.
I will end my post here, in a reminiscing state...
I am thinking today is the day to publish this blog. There is no reason why today is the day, it has next to nothing in edible eye catching content, but I just think it is about time. So let it be.
A little life update. I am now 33 weeks pregnant, what I surprise it has been, but what a profound blessing. Luke and I are reveling in our third month of marriage, still enjoying each others company, still laughing together, still talking like two year olds, still kissing each other with love, still sleeping on each others side of the bed, still getting annoyed and me, still snappy, still sharing meals (mostly me sharing with his), still, still, still, still married and still in love. I have no idea what to expect once this baby comes. It still feels like I am walking through the motions, looking pregnant, feeling pregnant, acting pregnant, eating like pregnant, etc. but it is not sinking in. I know it won't sink in until I am holding this baby as tears of awe and wonder come to my eyes. I know it won't sink in once the baby is home and we are trying to understand how to get it to stop crying, and even when we do get it to stop crying I won't be able to believe that this little person was inside of me!! But blessed am I to have this opportunity to be chosen to bare this being, blessed am I, thankful am I.
I will end my post here, in a reminiscing state...
katie!!!! I found your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so beautiful.
ReplyDelete